Last weekend, we drove 2 hours to Hama Hama in Hoodsport for its open-farm event. It was our chance to roam around the farm, digging for clams and harvesting oysters. Vân did most of the digging, and I did most of the talking -- and shucking. And Sophie, well, hung on to me most of the time.
We had a lot of fun. And we came home with three dozen oysters and 3 lbs of clams. We ate all of the oysters in one sitting, and Vân made a seafood pasta dish with the clams. It was delicious. I'm sure it would have been a lot cheaper to buy the oysters and the clams from the store, but things always taste better when you labor for them. We're thinking of going back to their next open farm in May.
 |
| Where are the clams? |
 |
| An endless field of oysters |
 |
| Tiny little crab |
 |
| Chorizo! Yum! |
 |
| I got my bread on. I got my chair on | . |
 |
| Sleeping on the way home |
 |
| Pacific oysters on the half shell |
Sophie digging for clams
No comments:
Post a Comment