We were supposed to go to Blue Lake. But it was 3 hours away. On a whim, Vân decided on Heather Lake because she remembered hearing her co-workers recommending it.
It was not an easy hike -- 4.6 miles round trip with 1,100 ft in elevation gain. There were stretches on the trail that scared me. I had to put Sophie down and make her climb over a boulder and a fallen tree. She did really well and kept her calm better than I did.
As soon as we reached the lake, Sophie and Vân took off their boots and walked in the mud. They spent a good amount of time walking around in the water and catching tadpoles, frogs and salamanders. It was worth the trouble.
 |
| Mother and daughter hiking together |
 |
| "I need a break." |
 |
| Heather Lake |
 |
| See the snow? |
 |
| Muddy feet |
Walking in the water
Walking in "chocolate mud"
No comments:
Post a Comment